As a member, you are entitled to the full benefits of the guild. This includes game and social related aspects such as participation in guild events, access to guild resources, the use of our website, and the use of our Discord server for you and your friends.
You have the right to speak freely about your concerns and ideas on the website, Discord, and in-game. You have the right to information from the officers and guild leaders, we are obliged to answer questions truthfully and to assist in matters that concern guild-related issues.
You are entitled to be treated equally and with respect at all times. You are bound to treat others in the guild in the same manner.
MIST was created to enhance the enjoyment of the game for members and friends by forming a non-toxic environment. As such this will always be the primary goal of its leadership. The guild has a player base that is a largely adult demographic with busy schedules. It is expected that attendance, language, and topics of discussion will match this demographic.
In short: The guild currently does not have a player base that is “hardcore” and will not monitor or enforce language or speech within a reasonable tolerance.
There are, however, a few issues and behaviors that will not be tolerated within the guild to any degree. The following actions will result in an immediate ban from the guild:
- Discrimination (gender, race, religion, age, political/sexual affiliation)
- Sexual Harassment / Personal attacks
- Maliciously hacking / sabotaging members (especially outside of game-based mediums)
In general, we believe it best to refrain from general discussion about politics and religion in order to avoid subjects that are typically controversial. These will not necessarily be punished or enforced unless it is clear they are causing issues. Requests and warnings will be issued first.
If you have any issues with other guild members please bring it to the attention of the guild leadership.
MIST currently does not have enough bulk to worry about advanced rank permissions or have a promotion path for dedicated players. The guild was created by sporadic players and is not a product from a group of personal friends. As such it is possible and encouraged for anyone interested to help the guild function and grow if the responsibility is of interest.
Below are the existing ranks (both in-game and on Discord) to be aware of:
- Guild Master: Leadership is fairly open in the guild. Feel free to bring up issues or requests to get involved.
- Co-leader: Co-leaders act as extensions of the Guild Master for the sake of scheduling.
- Officer: Officers are members of the guild that have been extremly helpful and help lead events and game-modes to allow other members to learn in a simple but effective environment.
- Mentor: Mentors are members who have shown outstanding dedication to the guild and have been extremely helpful in helping the guild grow and teaching new members.
- Member: Standard members with general access.
- Visitor: Visitors are those checking things out, are new, or friends dropping by. They are not barred from events or help.
© 2020 Maintained by the dedicated leadership in Flames of the Mist.
All Guild Wars 2 terminology and imagery is copyrighted or trademarked by ArenaNet and NCSoft. Any and all other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.